Instruction for your child's appointment
To protect the health and safety of our patients, staff and the community we are taking the following precautions to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
During this time...
It is imperative that you and your child stay at home and reschedule your child’s appointment if your child is experiencing any symptoms including a fever over 100.4 degrees, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, severe fatigue, OR if you or a family member have had contact with another person with confirmed COVID-19 within the past 14 days. Please note there is never a penalty for rescheduling an appointment for a patient or parent who is sick.
What to expect at your child's appointment
- We will have you call us when you have arrived to our parking lot
- Only one parent/adult can accompany your child(ren) appointment
- Make sure you have filled out the COVID-19 screening form (If you click on the image of the waiting room with car, it would take you to the form).
- Our team will ask some screening questions to confirm what you have filled out online is correct.
- We will let you know when you and your child can come into the office for your child's appointment. This is to reduce overlap of patients in our office.
Prior to coming into the office
- To enter, you must have an appointment scheduled AND be wearing a mask .
- Only one parent/adult can accompany your child's or children's appointment - You and your child will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the office
- For patients, we will perform a screening before your appointment which includes a symptoms check, temperature reading
What we are doing different in our office...
Increasing cleaning and disinfecting procedures, and adding air purifier filtration systems. You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, video games, etc since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
Implementing contactless payments and paperless forms. It is important that you fill out all the forms the day before your child's appointment.
Hand sanitizer stations
We will have more hand sanitizer stations for everyone to use.
Social distancing in the office
Implementing social distancing by both limiting the number of patients scheduled and staggering appointment times. This could mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
Our goal is to first accommodate urgent treatment or emergencies, which could result in fewer options for scheduling routine care. Thank you for understanding while we take care of children who have had dental pain and emergencies during this time.
Creating special appointment times for vulnerable patients and parents. Screening all employees for symptoms of COVID-19 and performing temperature and pulse oximeter readings before every shift.
Our staff Personal protective equipment (PPE)
All staff will wear PPE appropriate for their assigned duties.